Goals of Jhataka Vyavsayi Mahasangh
- To promote availability of torture-free and hygienic meat to consumers.
- Right to occupation and inclusion of communities traditionally involved in meat industry (SC/ST/Sikh/Punjabi and others) and promotion of an egalitarian environment in society.
- To help people practice their tradition of consuming Jhataka meat.
- To network all involved in Jhataka meat business for addressing their concerns and for providing them an effective voice.
- To enhance consumer choice in what type of meat they consume.
Currently, most of the meat sold in Bharat is of "Halal" variety. This is a very torturous and cruel way of slaughtering an animal in which the poor animal is left to die slowly and painfully, in a pool of blood, after its neck vessels are slit to drain away its life and blood. Its windpipe and food pipe are also slit, mostly partially, through which the animal continuously cries out and struggles to keep alive. Jhataka procedure of slaughtering, on the other hand, is instantaneous and numbs the animal. As a result, death is sudden, relatively pain-free and less torturous.
Jhataka promotes inclusion & harmony of all sections of our society
With promotion of Jhataka, we are working towards creating a respectable, prosperous, just and inclusive society.